Over 40 School District of Manawa residents participated in a long range planning process during the summer of 2014. The district now has three Long Range Action Plan Teams working on the following major goals:
- Building Capacity for Leadership
- Fostering Positive Communication
- Creating a Culture of Academic Success
Each of these Action Teams will be developing both short- and long-term outcomes that will enhance important aspects of the school district for students, families, staff, and the districtwide community. All Action Teams welcome new members. All district stakeholder voices are needed in these important conversations and plans!
Action Plan Teams meet the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month through May, 2015 in the Manawa Elementary School Library.
Work is taking place in the school setting on the additional strategies listed below:
- Preparing Students for Success Beyond School (Agenda 2017)
- Supporting Staff
- Partnering with the Community
- Promoting a Positive District Image
- Engaging Families in the School/Community Connection
- Balancing Quality Resource Allocation
- Maintaining and Attracting Families to Our District
Individuals and/or groups will be contacted to assist with these additional strategies beginning in the summer of 2015 and continuing into the school year.